Do I Need to Hire an Interior Designer?
Interior designers can save you both time and money when it comes to designing your home. Hiring a designer early in the project to help you narrow down the wide range of options when it comes to details such as wall color, flooring, trim color, countertops, and cabinetry. An interior designer will help you feel confident that the overall result of the project will turn out exactly how you want.
Here at RMB, it is our job to design and build your dream home! We have years of experience and can offer practical solutions to many concerns when it comes to your everyday living needs in your home! But building and designing a home from scratch can seem like a daunting task for some of our clients. For some of us, deciding how to furnish and decorate our home might be just as overwhelming!
There is much planning and decision-making that goes into creating a cohesive design for the interior of a home. Some of our clients decide to enlist the help of a professional and hire an interior designer to help them plan out and execute the aesthetic details of their home. Professional designers help our clients see the big picture. It is their job to connect the dots of your design ideas and to make sure they run cohesively throughout the home.
Not all of our clients feel that they need to hire a designer. We suggest that before you decide to hire a professional, you evaluate your needs and desires when it comes to designing your home. Here are some reasons you may want to hire an interior designer.
- You have ideas, but don’t know how to implement them.
- You just don’t have the time, energy, or the desire to do designing.
- You think you know what you want but are insecure about whether or not your ideas will work.
- You want to design your home or room based on items you already have. This is a challenge, but it can be done. It generally requires quite a high level of skill. If you don’t have a talent for this, get someone who does.
- You have a piece or pieces of furniture, paintings, and accessories which don’t seem to fit your rooms or style, but which you can’t eliminate because they are family heirlooms or simply because you can’t afford to replace them. After all, you may not want to get rid of great-grandpa’s desk even if it is Victorian and you like contemporary.
- You are trying to achieve a specific style or period such as French Country, Scandinavian, 18th century, 50’s Retro, etc.
- You are unsure about color combinations, proportions, mixing patterns, composition and styles.
If you fall into any of these categories, or if you simply want a professional touch, an interior designer is probably the solution to your decorating problems. Your home is too important to your happiness and lifestyle not to have the comfort you desire. We can also help if you are looking for direction on design issues. Please contact us with any questions!